Wanna know something sweet… Life’s a Bowl is going to be self-hosted!
It’s about time. It’s only taken me weeks to make up my mind and there’s no turning back now. I’m not entirely sure what the big differences are BUT I do know that Life’s a Bowl is going to be better than ever! Hope y’all are looking forward to this virtual facelift as much as I am 🙂
Wanna know what else is sweet…
During the fall [more than any other time of the year], I crave three flavors: apple, cinnamon, and pumpkin. Thankfully, it seems a lot of other people do too because apple and pumpkin recipes of all kinds are e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. 🙂
Pumpkin Raisin Muffins
1 ½ cup white whole wheat flour
¾ cup stevia
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
½ cup egg whites
2 teaspoons maple syrup
3 mini packs of raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line the muffin tin with paper cups or spray with non-stick spray and dust with flour to prevent sticking.
3. In a large bowl or a stand mixer, combine all the dry ingredients [*except the raisins*]: flour, stevia, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: pumpkin, egg whites, and maple syrup. Mix until combined.
5. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until everything is well combined.
6. Gently fold in the raisins.
7. Evenly spoon the muffin mix among the cups, 12 regular sized muffins or 24 smaller muffins.
8. Bake the muffins for approximately 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean.
9. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Ryan and I tested the muffins hot out of the oven and thought they were good but they did not have as strong of a pumpkiny flavor as we had hoped for… Next time I plan to add more pumpkin and a teaspoon of pumpkin pie seasoning.
And wanna know the sweetest treat of all… Enjoying a pumpkin raisin muffin with chocolate Cho pudding!
Chocolate Cho Pudding
splash of Silk Light Vanilla soymilk
Question: Apple, cinnamon, or pumpkin- what’s your favorite fall flavor? All of the above!
Question: What’s your favorite muffin? Blueberry? Bran? Chocolate? Lemon poppy seed? Orange cranberry? Pumpkin? I love the hearty texture of bran muffins and the addition of fruit such as blueberries or raisins- a blueberry bran muffin sound delicious!