This weekend was wonderfully productive! I…
- I ordered my wedding shoes [a perfect match to my dress!]
- My momma and I shopped for her mother of the bride dress
- Ryan and I gave Charlie a bath and brushed his teeth [now he’s rocking a little ‘fro]
- We finally decided on a florist and a photographer [the two toughest wedding decisions yet]
- My momma, my maid of honor, and I found the bridesmaids shoes [classy, comfortable, & re-wearable!]
- I worked out [times two]
- Ryan and I went grocery shopping [and snagged a couple of major BOGO deals]
- I dusted our apartment [so gross, I can’t believe I’ve waited so long to do this]
- Ryan and I took Charlie for a walk around the neighborhood lake [sunset strolls are so relaxing]
- I did 5+ loads of laundry [alleluia]
1. Listen to my body.
Health: My digestive issues the past week have been no fun, not one bit. Regardless of what I ate or did, I got an intense stabbing pain in my lower abdomen that would last for anywhere between 2 and 10 minutes. After reading a bunch about celiac disease and the benefits of a gluten-free diet, I was planning to cut out wheat from my diet this week. But after talking to my doctor, she said to wait- hip, hip, hooray, carbs will still be consumed this week! The biggest [and best] thing I could do now is schedule the second colonoscopy *sigh*…
Fitness: I was on a sweat-streak last week! I went to the gym 6 days in a row and did a lot of cardio [bike, elliptical, treadmill] but no weights… This week I my goal is to do weights at every 3 days.
2. Save money.
Clothes: This week was the first week since the new year that I spent my monies on something other than bills or groceries [wedding expenses not included]… A dress! When my momma and I went shopping on Friday I decided to try on a few things at Nordstrom. After a long week and a girl is at the mall with her wallet easily accessible, what else would you expect?! The dress is adorable: metallic silver with gold polka dots, a thin gold belt, and ruffles around the neckline…
Groceries: Last week’s savings: $43.25. That’s pretty good! I still need to get a few things from TJ’s but they don’t accept coupons or have sales…
Starbucks: I have been making creamy coffee’s at home during the week and saving my two Sbucks’s for the weekend [one on Saturday and one on Sunday]!
3. Train Charlie.
Teeth: At the current rate Charlie is losing his teeth, he will have to buy him a set of dentures because he’ll just have a mouth full gums [we found two more teeth this weekend]…
Training: The past week we have been working on “lay down.” Charlie will sit on command and will lay down with us when we’re sitting on the sofa, but getting him to lay down on the ground is a challenge. We actually watched a show the other day on Animal Planet that suggested training puppies with turkey?!
Daily Memorable Moment March 18: Having a super productive afternoon with my momma and my maid of honor!
Question: What did you accomplish over the weekend?
Question: What are you making for dinner tonight? I’m in need of some inspiration…