Every weekend for the past month has been dedicated to wedding planning. This weekend I’m being a little selfish and have decided to postpone our cake tasting consultations and have a weekend free to do whatever I want. I’m looking forward to sleeping in, wearing my PJ’s past noon, catching up with girlfriends, going to the movies, spending quality time with Ryan and Charlie, anddd getting back into the kitchen.
The other day during a pinning frenzy, I clicked on a pin that took me to 100 Days of Real Food. OH EM GEE, I think I found a new blog to add to my daily reads! I started exploring and quickly had 10+ tabs open- planning ahead for lunches, pantry essentials, ways to avoid processed foods, tips to keep the grocery bill down, and many, many more. Feeling completely inspired, I decided that this weekend I am getting back into the kitchen!
I’ve made a list of 10 to-do’s…
1. Clean out kitchen [organize dishes/ silverware/ food storage containers and create a donation pile]
2. Plan out dinners for the week
3. Compare grocery sales for the week and clip coupons to get more bang [food] for the buck
4. Grocery shop for pantry staples and this week’s meals
5. Buy new food storage containers/ jars
6. Prep produce [clean and cut]
7. Prep proteins [i.e. boil eggs, cook chicken breasts, drain canned beans]
8. Bake a batch of cookies or muffins
9. Pre-portion snacks
10. Make one recipe from my Pinterest Good Food board
It might be a little ambitious, but if I don’t get to do all of them that’s okay. Even just completing a few of them will save me time next week!
It’s been beautiful again today but unfortunately, the forecast for the weekend doesn’t look as bright. Regardless, I’ll most likely be admiring lots of these…
While wearing these…
“Most dreams are also part reality (otherwise we wouldn’t believe them), and reality happens to be a condition that gives you plenty of chances through your life to rise to—no, soar through—the occasion.”
~ Leigh Newman
P.S. I am highly considering trying a gluten-free diet for a week or two to see if it helps with any of my digestive issues… My biggest hurdle is the thought of not being able to sink my teeth into a big hunk of doughy bread
Daily Memorable Moment March 9: It was a SUPER PRODUCTIVE day at school [yay] but it was the last day for one of my students who is transferring to another school [nay].
Question: What are your weekend plans?
Question: Do you do any prep over the weekend to save time during the week?