This morning I met one of my girlfriends at the gym to do a yoga class… Some things that I learned:
- Never show up on time to class, you must arrive early to get a mat, find a spot, situate yourself, and sit patiently until the instructor arrives… I showed up at 10:45AM [when the class was scheduled for] and the instructor already had begun
- Yoga will make you sweat… I’m not sure if I was sweating from my lack of experience or because the thermostat was set to 82 degrees
- I’m not a fan of the tranquil music… I think it distracts me more than calms me
- Yoga requires flexibility and strength… My hyper mobile joints and flexibility are an asset, but my lack of upper body strength is a deficit
- The “extended side angle” pose feels great on the whole body
- “Cat” pose is a great back stretch
- I have unknowingly done a yoga pose since childhood, the “supported shoulderstand”
- A complete spandex outfit is totally acceptable [even for men?] to wear
- I don’t know how to meditate
- I need to incorporate more yoga classes into my exercise routine, as advised by my doctor who says it would help alleviate some of my joint pains and muscle tightness
Question: Do you practice yoga?
Question: What’s your fave yoga pose?