“To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.”
~ Jill Bolte Taylor
According to my Oprah newsletter this morning, “You Know You’re Too Busy When…”
- You eliminate moisturizer from your nightly routine to save 20 seconds. Hm, I don’t do this even when I have an extra 20 minutes… I guess I gotta work on my moisturizing routines 😛
- You feel decadent for taking time off for oral surgery. I hate going to the dentist [and never have met anyone who has] so a trip for any type of dental work would not be “decadent.”
- You offer your trainer more money if he will let you off early. Too bad my “recent college grad/ new teacher budget” can’t afford a personal trainer-but I’ve def been lazy at the gym lately…
- Waiting for the light to turn green seems like a vacation. Red lights mean more time to play Words with Friends 😉
- You decide to drink less water because those trips to the bathroom burn up precious minutes. I still drink plenty [of coffee and seltzer water] but I admit I try to hold it until I’m about to burst… TMI [**too much information**]?! Oh well!
- You bring your laptop to the hospital so that while you are in labor you can get in some work before contractions. I am not pregnant. But I have been eating every meal the past two weeks in front of my computer.
- You mentally multitask during sex. Woah, things are getting personal here…
- You return phone calls in the shower, scratching memos to yourself on a bar of soap with your fingernails. I haven’t resorted to making “soap notes,” but my mind has been racing the past two weeks thinking about lesson plans and my students 24/7.
- You try to buy yourself two extra hours a week by announcing to your shrink that you’re quitting because you have absolutely no more problems! (She laughs and says she’ll see you next week.) I don’t have two hours to spend venting to a shrink but my momma, my Dear, and my girlfriends are great alternatives 🙂
- You order the risotto because chewing meat takes so much time. I’ll have the risotto AND the meat, please! I always make time to eat or else I will be a crabby girl!
- You shout “Hurry Up!” at the microwave. I admit, sometimes I wish I was Zenon [Zenon, Girl from the 21st Century- hey all you Disney fans ;)] and zap my meals and they’d be ready in .5 seconds!
- You actually do business during business lunches. I do my own business during lunch at my desk. Hopefully things will slow down soon so I can be more social and meet some of my colleagues!
- You wear pants instead of skirts so you don’t have to shave your legs. I admit, I am guilty of this… But I will also still wear skirts with hairy legs 😉
- You skip the vowels when you read. Don’t do this, but use abrev’s all day, every day 😀
- You have piled up so many frequent flier miles from business trips that you can fly free to Mars (business class). Oh how I wish- if anyone has extra miles and wants to share, I’ll gladly accept!
- You contemplate moving to China to gain the extra day. IDK about China but Australia sounds nice!
- Your dog has figured out how to walk itself. I’m currently begging for a puppy… If she learns to walk herself, I’d be one happy momma!
My personal additions…
- You grab two right-footed shoes and instead of one right and one left.
- You eat the same breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner every day.
- You see the same people Monday through Friday [coworkers].
- Your weekends are jam-packed catching up on sleep and seeing friends.
- You think a shower that’s longer than 5 minutes is just as relaxing as a trip to the spa.
- You don’t have time to look at your color-coded planner, rather just hope to remember all of the day’s to-do’s.
- You forget to fill your car up with gas.
- You have no desire to go on FB (**Facebook**) and check out your friends latest updates.
- Your inbox is reaching maximum capacity.
- You can’t remember the last time you read your favorite blogs.
Sorry I’ve totes been slacking on posts the last week but my mind and body have been elsewhere- at school. I’m truly hoping things will start to calm down next week…
P.S. I’ve got a fab guest post that I can’t wait to share from one of my girlfriends who doesn’t let anything get between her and her mat 😉
Question: How do you know you’re too busy?
Question: What’s your favorite thing to do to relax?